I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Monday, November 1, 2010

October = 4 Seasons in 1 day. Every day.


Although the weather is not the most thrilling subject, it is very British to talk about it and I thought this post might bring you some comfort!  I’m sure most of you are begrudging the winter weather and are putting on your central heating and winter coats, so I thought I’d let you know that it’s not all blue skies and sunny days here in Oz either!

When Martin and I first arrived, it was cold, really, really cold, much more so than we had anticipated! My first purchase in Australia wasn’t an ice cream but a pair of gloves.  Thankfully, the gloves have not been worn for quite some time and the sun certainly makes a much more regular appearance but so too does the wind and rain.

We’ve just crept into November and we’ve still only had a handful of days which have been hot and sunny ALL DAY.  For example.

11am – Lovely walk to Bondi along the coast

1pm- Clouds are building as I’m heading back home

1.10pm – Thunder, lightening and the heavens open (of course, I don’t have an umbrella)

1.20pm – Back home soaking wet, watching the rain from my flat

To make matters worse
a)     There is not one weather forecast that seems to be accurate
b)    People keep telling me how very unusual all this wind and rain is for this time of year

Oh well, at least it’s warming up and we have had some good weather…but trust me… it’s not all Bikinis and BBQs here!

No comments:

Post a Comment