I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome to the Motel California

An American road trip wouldn’t be complete without a few grotty motels thrown into the mix.

The first motel we stayed at was called The Vagabond Inn, which sounded like a good name for a motel to me.

As we checked in, to my surprise, the receptionist informed us that breakfast was available and was served from 7.30-10am. We asked where.  She pointed to an off-white plastic table to the left of the reception desk where a dirty looking instant coffee machine stood.  Breakfast.

True to expectations, there was a dog barking in the parking lot and brown was the primary colour (well, the only colour) of the room's decor.

But I have to say, it was very clean, had a TV, free wifi and a cleaner coffee machine than the one in reception.


I wish I could say the same for the next motel we experienced, which was horrendous!  

I’m delighted to have found a Trip Advisor review, which sums the place up beautifully; click the link below to see for yourself...



No comments:

Post a Comment