I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Friday, July 30, 2010

From one toy town to another…


We left the sand pit and drove through the desert to LA where I celebrated by 29th birthday.
 
LA lived up to every stereotype under the sun:Bronzed camp men swung their hips from side to side as they pranced down the street, Barbie dolls carried tiny rat-like dogs, nestled in designer bags and plastic surgery clinics could be found on every corner.


Nonetheless, the Pretty Woman fan in me was very excited to find myself (strictly window shopping) on Rodeo Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment