I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Creature Comforts

As Bear Grylls knows only too well, survival in the bush is pinned upon perfecting the art of improvisation.  I think we're doing quite well.

We have an alarm clock to wake us up:
This crow wakes us up at 6am sharp, whether we like it or not
We start the day with a cup of coffee, using milk that comes in a tube and sugar sachets 'acquired' from cafes frequented during the previous day:
Then we shower and get dressed, picking clothes from our capsule wardrobe:
Finally, I take a seat at my dressing table, and apply much needed makeup to hide the dark circles from yet another sleepless night:
However, if I haven't made it abundantly clear already, i'm not the world's biggest fan of camping (sorry Bear).  My attempt to pluck my eyebrows the other night (by wearing a head torch and using a tiny hand held mirror), failed.  Miserably.

Needless to say, I am THRILLED that we will be sleeping in a bed, in a warm, dry, wind proof motel for the next two nights, complete with shower, fridge and TV!

And yes, I am the first to admit that despite my best intentions when I set out writing this blog, I am sounding more and more like Carrie Bradshaw everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment