I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Ultimate Kitchen Nightmare

Martin has now re-entered the world of work, is back on night shifts and is busy saving Australian lives while I sleep.

As this means we have very limited time together, we decided to make the most of last night’s 60 minute slot, by going out for dinner.

I ordered a Seafood salad.  Now, to me, this sounded like a fairly healthy option.  The chef however, had a very different view.

How to turn a salad into a heart attack on a plate:

  • Make sure the salad leaves are not just drenched, or drowning, but are completely sub-merged in mayonnaise
  • Then batter and deep-fry the 5 pieces of seafood in the salad.       Make sure one of these pieces is a whole baby crab that strongly resembles a tarantula.  Rest this on the top of the salad for decoration
  • Now add a jumbo packet of peanuts to the mix

The result: A culinary car crash and the most disgusting salad I’ve ever ordered in my life. Gordan Ramsey would have gone f**king crazy.

If only i’d had my camera to picture this. 


The closest example of deep fried crab I could find on line but
this really does look appetising in comparison to the
 beauty that rested on the top of my salad

No comments:

Post a Comment