I’ve read a few blogs and often find that entries can be long winded, self indulgent and /or written by women who wish they were called Carrie and lived in New York. But there are many benefits to writing a blog; the main and most important one is being able to let those people who care about Martin and I keep up to date with our whereabouts. The second reason is wanting to bottle just a little bit of this once in a life time, 12 month holiday.

So I’ll attempt to refrain from rabbiting on too much and keep it punchy (postcard length) instead.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting ready for our African adventure!

The thought of spending 3 weeks travelling through Southern Africa on a huge truck with 19 strangers while bush camping along the way, filled me with excitment and dread in equal measures.

How would I cope with the bugs?  The bush toilets?  The big brother-esque experience?  I had no idea whether I would absolutely love or hate the trip that I''d keenly signed Martin and I up for, while living in our comfortable apartment in Sydney, a million miles away from Africa. Consequently, as we packed our bags and shut the door of our clean and spacious hotel room, I seriously wondered whether I'd made a terrible mistake!

But alas, having completed this epic adventure, I'm pleased to say we had an absolute ball! We generated a life time's worth of incredible experiences and made some great friends along the way.  I will do my best to capture the magic we found in the places and people we encountered...

No comments:

Post a Comment